- RSS Channel Showcase 8026692
- RSS Channel Showcase 2972746
- RSS Channel Showcase 6387455
- RSS Channel Showcase 2020777
Articles on this Page
- 08/25/16--15:37: _DLN-area Week 1 Foo...
- 09/16/16--20:22: _Key interception he...
- 09/23/16--23:52: _Young runs wild as ...
- 10/20/16--12:29: _Octorara to leave C...
- 11/10/16--19:17: _Daily Local Playoff...
- 11/11/16--21:26: _Ortega goes off as ...
- 11/13/16--19:48: _Coatesville, Hender...
- 11/17/16--19:28: _Coatesville prepped...
- 11/17/16--19:32: _West Chester Hender...
- 11/20/16--17:22: _Brady abruptly resi...
- 09/01/17--20:07: _No. 8 Downingtown E...
- 09/29/17--21:38: _Coatesville turns a...
- 10/06/17--22:30: _Downingtown East co...
- 10/20/17--21:03: _INSTANT CLASSIC: Br...
- 10/27/17--22:05: _Unionville routs Gr...
- 11/10/17--20:16: _Coatesville explode...
- 11/17/17--19:58: _Coatesville routs P...
- 01/02/18--17:30: _DLN ALL-AREA: On st...
- 08/25/16--15:37: DLN-area Week 1 Football Capsules & Picks
- 09/16/16--20:22: Key interception helps Shanahan put away WC East and stay perfect
- 09/23/16--23:52: Young runs wild as Coatesville tops Downingtown West
- 11/10/16--19:17: Daily Local Playoff Preview: Coatesville looking to keep rolling
- 11/11/16--21:26: Ortega goes off as Coatesville rolls into semifinals
- 11/13/16--19:48: Coatesville, Henderson gear up for biggest tests
- 11/17/16--19:28: Coatesville prepped for potent North Penn attack
- 11/20/16--17:22: Brady abruptly resigns as Malvern Prep football coach
- 09/01/17--20:07: No. 8 Downingtown East explodes in 61-44 win over No. 7 North Penn
- 10/06/17--22:30: Downingtown East continues roll against rival West
- 11/17/17--19:58: Coatesville routs Pennsbury to reach District 1 Class 6A final
The long wait is over. Finally, and actually a week earlier than usual, the scholastic football season is getting underway tonight and we have a full slate of interesting games on tap. These nonleague games will be critical for area teams’ playoff hopes and a victory in Week 1 will go a long way to […]
WEST GOSHEN >> At halftime of Friday night’s key Ches-Mont National Division matchup between Bishop Shanahan and West Chester East, the two teams were knotted at 14-14, although Shanahan clearly had the edge in play on both sides of the ball. But a kickoff return by the Vikings’ Jared Cooper and a bad snap that […]
CALN >> The Coatesville High School football team fired a very loud warning shot to the rest of the Ches-Mont League, and District 1, for that matter. Friday night at Red Raider Stadium, Coatesville won its third straight game, getting a sensational 324 yards rushing, and five touchdowns from super sophomore Aaron Young, while the […]
Octorara High School’s long-rumored move from the Ches-Mont League to the Lancaster-Lebanon League is now official. The move was ratified by the league this week and the Braves will join the league in all sports beginning in 2018. That also means Octorara will leave District 1 and join District 3. The Braves will play the […]
The second round of the District 1 playoffs takes place Friday, and the area has six teams still alive in their respective quests for district and state honors. Five Chester County teams will go on the road Friday, where it is very difficult to win in the playoffs, while fourth-seeded Coatesville has a stern home […]
CALN >> Coming into Friday night’s District 1 6A quarterfinal, Ridley had the top-rated defense in the district, allowing a paltry eight points per game. Coatesville beat that average five times over. The potent Red Raiders attack scored three touchdowns in the first eight minutes of play, and fourth-seeded Coatesville rolled to a convincing 41-21 […]
There are only two local scholastic football teams still alive in their respective district playoffs as this weekend saw four area teams go down to defeat, all on the road. Only West Chester Henderson (5A) and Coatesville — the only area team with a home game — survived the weekend. The two winning teams did […]
Red-hot Coatesville travels to Lansdale to face undefeated and number one seed, North Penn in Friday night’s District One 6A bracket playoff game. “North Penn is very good. This is not your typical North Penn offense,” Coatesville head coach Matt Ortega said. “They still have some size up front and they have good backs, but […]
West Chester Henderson must travel to face top-seeded Springfield-Delco in the Class 5A bracket on Friday night. Both teams face very stern tests, and their coaches are fully aware of what their teams are up against. Henderson is coming off a thrilling 17-14 win over Upper Dublin that had head coach Steve Mitten looking back. Special […]
They say following a legend is never an easy task. Taking over for the Pellegrini name at Malvern Prep, Aaron Brady lasted two-plus seasons as head coach. Brady submitted his resignation Friday with one game left in the regular season. Assistant coach Scott Hisey will take over for Tuesday’s finale against the Avalon School from […]
DOWNINGTOWN >> As two of the most storied teams in the long history of District 1 football, North Penn and Downingtown East have often been known for their punishing defenses. Friday night saw a much different chapter being written into those history books. The two teams — who entered the night ranked seventh (North Penn) […]
CALN >> If you had a few Coatesville football players in your fantasy league, you would be sitting pretty right now. Friday night in a nonleague Ches-Mont crossover against West Chester Rustin, the Red raiders piled up 553 yards of total offense, 305 on the ground and 258 more through the air courtesy of quarterback […]
DOWNINGTOWN >> Rarely do big events live up to the hype. Friday night at Kottmeyer Stadium, the Battle of the Brandywine more than lived up to its billing, and then some. Downingtown East and Downingtown West went at each other furiously for 48 minutes. The Cougars broke a halftime tie to hold off the upset-minded […]
DAPREE BRYANT CATCHES IT IN THE END ZONE. COATESVILLE LEADS WITH 3 SECONDS LEFT. pic.twitter.com/DvMoBRGY6k — Steve Moore (@Smoore1117) October 21, 2017 DOWNINGTOWN >> The Ches-Mont League game of the year had already lived up to the hype, and then some, as Ricky Ortega and Coatesville lined up for one last play, trailing by […]
EAST MARLBOROUGH >> Three-peat, it has a nice ring to it. The Unionville football team accomplished that lofty feat Friday night, completely dominating Great Valley, 41-14, to take its third consecutive Ches-Mont League American Division title. The Indians finished the regular season with a perfect 6-0 division record, 9-1 overall, and should, unofficially, head into […]
CALN >> Three weeks ago, Coatesville needed some last-second heroics to defeat Downingtown East. Friday night, it was much easier for the Red Raiders. [PETE BANNAN’S PHOTO GALLERY FROM FRIDAY’S GAME] Despite the frigid temperatures at Red Raider Stadium, the fifth-seeded Red Raiders were smoking hot on offense as they jumped all over Downingtown East, […]
CALN >> The District 1 Class 6A playoffs are supposed to be taut, tense affairs with most games that go deep into the fourth quarter before being decided. Someone forgot to send that memo to Coatesville. A week after putting up 61 points and 602 yards of total offense on Downingtown East, the Red Raiders […]
With so many stars on the football field at Coatesville, one may think it would very hard for a particular athlete to stand out. With Division I-level talent all over the place in Avery Young, Aaron Young and Dapree Bryant, the Coatesville attack was the most potent offense in the state, averaging more than 46 […]